Monday, February 14, 2011

Welcome!


Welcome to my blog!  I’ve been wanting to start one for some time – but just never got around to it (read: was too lazy).  Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to get this up and moving!  So, today, on the birthday of my blog, (and my Misty - she's a Valentine's Day baby), I’ll start out by addressing the name, The Sassy Grey.  I wanted a name that would truly define who I am, and, as most of you know, I have an extreme addiction to horses, with a particular affinity for those grey in color.  When I think of horses, of course, I think of my mare, Misty, who is sweet, yet feisty and sassy – truly my equine-counterpart.  So who is the Sassy Grey?  Misty…and me.  I’m sure there are other names that would have worked as well, like Baltimore Book Worm or Crazy Cat Lady or White Marsh Whiner, but horses are who I am and what I know best, so The Sassy Grey wins. 

That being said, though this blog will be mainly devoted to my love for large, expensive, hay-burning animals, everything is fair game in the Sassy Grey world.  Please stop in regularly to check out life through the sassy eyes of a grey horse lover.