That’s right – summer is here and 4th of July is just around the corner! I look forward to this stretch of the year during the cold winter months. I feel like the July 4th holiday officially ushers in this glorious time of year and that’s why it has always been my favorite holiday, trumping
Christmas, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.
Here’s why this time of year kicks butt:
- The warm weather…yeah, I love not wearing a lot of clothing! There’s no need to layer up – throw those hats and gloves and coats back (waaaay back) in the closet…I don’t even want to think about them! Some shorts, a tank top, and flip flops – that’s it!
- The days last forever. This equals more time outside riding Misty (which she’s always thrilled about). I could stay outside doing just about anything from sun up until sun down.
- Crabbies! Umm…sitting on the deck eating steamed crabs with corn on the cob drenched in butter and
? Yeah – it doesn’t get more amazing than that. Old Bay
|Nom nom nommmmm!!!|
- Vacations…even if it’s just a little day trip or long weekend ‘downy ocean hon,’ it’s something to look forward to.
- Snowballs…old fashioned egg custard with marshmallow on top please…perfect after a long day of riding in the hot sun.
- Outdoor events…concerts, picnics, cook-outs, you name it…everything is just better outside. My personal favorite – watching a polo match. Grab some food and some friends and tailgate for the afternoon alongside the polo fields in Monkton.
|Grey polo pony!|
And finally…THE 4TH OF JULY! Cook-outs, parades, fireworks, volleyball…and of course, my wedding anniversary! James and I will be celebrating 6 years of wedded bliss on the 4th…gotta love that.
|Happy 6th babe - I love you!|