Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rockin’ the Red

 
While I love to play sports, I have a hard time sitting down and watching them on TV…especially during the afternoon if it’s a nice day and I could be outside.  But I do try to keep up with two sports: tennis and hockey. 

I played on the Varsity tennis team in high school, so I love watching the four Grand Slams.  James and I are already getting our schedules together for next year so we can make it up to Flushing Meadows to catch a few matches at the U.S. Open.  Roddick and Federer, you’ve been warned!

And, of course, I’m a Capitals fan!!  I got into hockey when James and I started dating in 2001.  James is a goalie and played for years before we met, and his parents have had season tickets to the Caps since the mid or late 90s.  If they’re out of town, we love getting the tickets and heading down for some action on the ice!

My favorite Caps players:

Brooks Laich.  He's a redhead...what can I say?  (My husband is a redhead for those who don't know!)

Alex Ovechkin, The Great 8.  He's kind of the man...and I like how he's not afraid to throw some punches and take some hits.

Mike Green.  He's just plain cute, rocks a faux hawk AND is an awesome defenseman.
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!