Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Live With a Wolf


Okay, not really…but boy does my dog, Izzie, look like a wolf sometimes! I know this blog is mainly about my sassy grey, but all my animals are important to me and I wanted to introduce them to my readers as well.

Izzie is a German Shepherd and probably one of the sweetest dogs I’ve ever known. She loves to cuddle at night in bed (yes, we let her sleep with us)…and snuggle while we watch TV (yes, we let her on the furniture)…she’s just the best (and most spoiled) dog ever!

She was also an extremely destructive puppy, but I’ll save those stories for another post (they involve lots of paint…and bleach).



Izzie came into our lives in 2007. We were suffering over the painful loss of our previous Shepherd, Jadie, my special baby girl, and James, who works from home, was desperate for another canine presence in the house. Being in the house alone all day was just too depressing…so on St. Patrick’s Day, Isabelle Jade Berglie came home.

I don’t know what I would have done without Izzie. She came into our lives at just the right time and brought with her so much laughter and joy. I still remember that first day I brought her home…she was 8 weeks old and drooled during the entire car ride all over herself and the towel in which she was wrapped. As soon as we pulled up to the house and relief was in sight, she threw up all over me.

After that interesting bonding experience, Izzie (sometimes also called “Belles”), became my best friend. In the morning, she reminds me that the alarm has gone off (sometimes multiple times), we eat our breakfasts together, and she’s always the first to greet me at the door when I get home from work. She gives unconditional love…and in return…we spoil her with treats and long walks at the farm and visits with Misty (they’re actually pretty good friends, believe it or not).



Stay tuned for more posts about Izzie – she, too, is a wild child. Maybe I’ll even post a video of the two of us singing (she howls all the time – I’m sure the neighbors love it!).