Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Sassy Grey!


This is a special day for three reasons!  First, and in no particular order, today is the 1st birthday of The Sassy Grey blog.  I began this blog a year ago to coincide with another birthday, that of THE Sassy Grey, Misty Mystique!  My Misty is 8 years old today; I can’t believe my Valentine’s baby is all grown up!

And finally, it’s Valentine’s Day – a great holiday devoted to love and chocolate.  What’s not to love?

Misty on her first day home - look at that sweet face!

But back to Misty…when she came off the track and into my life, she was a silly filly of 4.  Now she is a mature lady at 8 – all grown up, but still my baby doll.  I've owned her for 3 ½ years now – where has the time gone?  We have taught each other so much in what feels like so little time; I thank God every day that she’s a part of my life.



I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays, to growing together as horse and rider, and to having fun! 

I’m also excited for The Sassy Grey blog!  I have some great plans in store for it this year – stay tuned!!