Friday, December 23, 2011

It's Not Too Late To Give

Tis the season to be generous!!  This time of year, James and I like to donate to our favorite charities, and I’m sure it will come as no surprise that animal-related rescues are always on the list. 

One rescue that’s on my list every year is Days End Farm Horse Rescue, Inc.  This year I donated $100 and got to pick a horse to sponsor.  While I follow all the horses’ stories and love them all, I ended up picking Buildmeup Buttercup Baby.  As soon as I get a farm of my own (fingers crossed that next year is the year), this sweet mare is mine!

I think I can speak on behalf of the entire Maryland horse community when I say Days End is a dream come true.  Words simply cannot describe the amazing gift they give neglected and abused horses.  “Days End Farm was established in 1989 to ensure quality care and treatment of horses through intervention, education, and outreach.”  If you visit their website at: www. defhr.org, you’ll see that they take on some of the absolute worst cases of horse abuse, cases that some might turn away from, and use their love and knowledge to rehab these animals into the brilliant stars they once were.

They do more than give second changes, they give life.

Please add Days End to your list of charitable donations – every little bit helps.  (A bale of hay is only $3 or $4!!).  Once on their website, just click the Donate Now button at the top right corner and help a horse in need.

Thanks to all and Merry Christmas!