Thursday, December 15, 2011

Misty’s Christmas List

Misty’s a bit of a diva.  She likes the finer things in life and dreams big.  As I have had the privilege of being her mom for more than three years now, I was not surprised to receive her extravagant Christmas list.  Please see below.

Recently, Misty and I have gotten into dressage.  We have been taking lessons at Thornridge Manor and even showed in a small schooling show this past November.  I purchased a dressage saddle (well, my birthday present from Misty – she’s occasionally quite generous), but didn’t have the extra money for a bridle.  Misty wants one for Christmas so she can have matching tack.  She’s a very particular fashionista.



Misty has requested treats…but not just any kind of treats, organic treats from Withers & Withers.  She likes the fancy tin with the grey horse on it…figures.


A stall ball.  Misty lives outside 24/7 because she has a run-in…but she will occasionally come indoors to her stall during extreme weather.  Though she isn’t inside often, she wants to be entertained when she is.  She wants a stall ball in either purple or blue.


Since Misty and I are traveling a lot more (to lessons, shows, etc.), she wants a horse trailer.  We already have one…but she wants another one.  A newer one.  The bigger, the better.  Girlfriend wants to travel comfortably in style.  See the picture below…classic Misty.  She’ll have a grande white chocolate mocha with 2% milk and whip, please!


Misty really likes her current barn, but she’s asked for another…one on MY farm.  I haven’t had the heart to tell her that we haven’t bought the farm yet, but she’s not the best listener anyway so I probably won’t even mention it.  She wants a barn like the ones I saw in Kentucky.  She says she deserves it.


And finally, Misty has asked for some shoes.  And no, not horseshoes.  She wants two pairs of Manolo Bhalniks.  What can I say?  She’s sassy!